[Python-Dev] Re: Test breakage due to optparse

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 22:59:59 CEST 2004

[Tim]
> Heads up.  Recent changes to optparse and/or to its test are causing
> several spurious test failures, ...

OK, this is definitely the fault of the recent optparse checkins.  For
whatever reason, after test_optparse runs, regrtest.py is convinced
that the test directory is '/foo/bar'.  After that, it can't (among
other things) find the expected-output files anymore for tests that
run after test_optparse.

I'm sure I'll have that fixed soon.  But I want to whine about this
one more time:  PLEASE don't check things in without running the whole
test suite!  Each weekend now I'm struggling like hell to give some
time to Python, and I largely piss it away fixing new test breakage in
tests that must have failed on the platform where the patch was
developed.  I have all the sympathy in the world for Windows-specific
test breakage due to patches developed on Linux, but I'm out of
sympathy for plain sloppiness.

So there.