[Python-Dev] MSI Documentation

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Jul 30 11:04:05 CEST 2004

Moore, Paul wrote:
> However, I have the concern that all his
>>questions are likely answered in MSDN - so I'd be really curious what
>>documentation is lacking that is *not* part of MSDN.
>

> I wouldn't worry too much about that. I've never found it easy to follow
> the documentation on building MSIs (it is a *long* time since I tried,
> maybe things have improved). A bit of duplication wouldn't harm here.

My problem is that I have no clue what bits deserve duplication. To
fully understand the thing, starting from scratch, you need atleast
50 pages of text. This would exceed the actual lines of code by a great
number, and it would be like explaining Python syntax and semantics
in comments of a Python script.

Regards,
Martin