[Python-Dev] Fix import errors to have data

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Jul 29 00:42:19 CEST 2004

At 03:13 PM 7/28/04 -0700, Guido van Rossum wrote:

>But who ever uses __module__ for anything else than printing it?

Well, I've done some rather esoteric things with it in the past, but
nothing that would be needed here.  I was just thinking that applications
like Zope, Chandler et al would sometimes want to know, "what plugin is
this class/object from?"  But I suppose that they could just as easily
build that concept explicitly into their APIs.  So never mind that bit.  :)