[Python-Dev] Fun with whitespace

Gareth McCaughan gmccaughan at synaptics-uk.com
Wed Jul 21 16:05:37 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 2004-07-21 04:19, Kurt B. Kaiser wrote:

> I'm thinking that it might be a good idea to modify IDLE to use
> four-space indenting only, and remove the Tab options from the
> configuration dialog.
> Is it time for IDLE to enforce four-space indentation?  Any opinions?

Great idea. While you're at it, it should also enforce
StudlyCaps class names, refuse to save files containing
recursive functions, and do automatic grammar checking
on your comments. Heaven forbid that any individual or
organization should have a coding style different from
the officially sanctioned norm.

More concisely: Please, please, *no*.

--
Gareth McCaughan