[Python-Dev] test_urllib failing

Brett Cannon bac at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Jul 20 08:02:46 CEST 2004

On OS X 10.3.4:

test_urllib
Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "FancyURLopener instance has no
attribute 'tempcache'" in <bound method FancyURLopener.__del__ of
<urllib.FancyURLopener instance at 0x3741578>> ignored
Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "FancyURLopener instance has no
attribute 'tempcache'" in <bound method FancyURLopener.__del__ of
<urllib.FancyURLopener instance at 0x3741eb8>> ignored
Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "FancyURLopener instance has no
attribute 'tempcache'" in <bound method FancyURLopener.__del__ of
<urllib.FancyURLopener instance at 0x3741df8>> ignored
Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "FancyURLopener instance has no
attribute 'tempcache'" in <bound method FancyURLopener.__del__ of
<urllib.FancyURLopener instance at 0x3741d78>> ignored
Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "FancyURLopener instance has no
attribute 'tempcache'" in <bound method FancyURLopener.__del__ of
<urllib.FancyURLopener instance at 0x3741e38>> ignored
[...]
<urllib.FancyURLopener instance at 0x3741db8>> ignored
Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "FancyURLopener instance has no
attribute 'tempcache'" in <bound method FancyURLopener.__del__ of
<urllib.FancyURLopener instance at 0x373a4f8>> ignored
Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "FancyURLopener instance has no
attribute 'tempcache'" in <bound method FancyURLopener.__del__ of
<urllib.FancyURLopener instance at 0x373a4b8>> ignored
Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "FancyURLopener instance has no
attribute 'tempcache'" in <bound method FancyURLopener.__del__ of
<urllib.FancyURLopener instance at 0x373a438>> ignored
test test_urllib failed -- errors occurred; run in verbose mode for details
test_urllib2
test test_urllib2 failed -- errors occurred; run in verbose mode for details

This only happens when I run regrtest on the whole test suite;
individually the tests pass.  I don't have time to debug this and keep
running the test suite (getting late and I burned my Python hours on my
own bug today that does not affect this), but there was Tim's whitespace
cleanup yesterday and Jack checked in a fix for proxies (which I don't
use, but it is OS X related so who knows; this is a --disable-framework
--disable-toolbox-glue build) on the 16th.  Otherwise urllib has not
been touched since March.

-Brett