[Python-Dev] decimal.py signals & traps

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Jul 12 17:20:46 CEST 2004

"Raymond Hettinger" <python at rcn.com> writes:

> Privatizing the dictionary can still be done but I don't think it is
> worth adding more methods and slowing everything down with an additional
> layer of indirection.

Well, there's an argument that this may not be the most natural
interface for a C implementation or for an implementation of such
things for floats -- but this is an argument involving predicting the
future, so probably should be ignored.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  C is not clean -- the language has _many_ gotchas and traps, and
  although its semantics are _simple_ in some sense, it is not any