[Python-Dev] Possible problem with recent weakref or bsddb changes

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Jul 9 16:23:36 CEST 2004

Greg checked in some changes to bsddb on June 28.  Fred checked in some
changes to weakref on July 2.  One or both I think conspired to break
Spambayes for me.  I filed a bug report a couple days ago
<http://python.org/sf/986528> and originally assigned it to Greg.  I just
switched it to Fred since his changes were more recent and seemed more wide
ranging.  I just reversed those changes in my sandbox and am building now to
see if it solves my problem.  Might be something to pay close attention to
for the impending alpha release.  I know next to nothing about the bsddb
package and absolutely nothing about weakrefs, so beyond trying crude things
like backing out changes I'm afraid I probably can't be much help debugging
the problem.

Skip