[Python-Dev] 2.4a1

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed Jul 7 21:20:29 CEST 2004

Anthony Baxter wrote:
> I plan to start attempting to get a 2.4a1 out the door
> in the morning my time. Depending on how that goes, it
> will either be then, or on the Friday - I'll post updates
> when I see how it's going.
>
> Given we have a couple of bits that haven't landed yet
> (such as decorators) I suspect we're probably looking at
> about 3 alpha releases - I'm thinking 2-3 weeks between
> them. I'd love to get feedback on this - I'll write up
> the release plan once I hear back from people.
>
> I'm not too fussed about the code-freeze aspect for the
> first alpha - although obviously if you're planning to
> check in some horrible massive change, I'd appreciate
> the heads up.

I'm almost done with the .encode()/.decode() patches
and could check in the patch tomorrow (Thursday), unless
you'd rather wait until after the release.

FYI, the only things still missing are some doc patches.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jul 07 2004)