[Python-Dev] file() or open()?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Jul 7 18:23:53 CEST 2004

    Guido> Changing things just because a new century has started sounds
    Guido> like a fad to me -- IOW the argument "it's the modern thing to
    Guido> do" usually doesn't convince me.

Yes, but has others have pointed out, the current documentation seems to
suggest that file() is preferred to open().  That appears not to be your
intent and should be changed, but I don't think most of us who have begun
using file() (I've only changed from open() to file() relatively recently)
didn't view it as a fad.

Skip