[Python-Dev] VC 7.1 maintenance?

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Thu Jul 1 14:16:01 EDT 2004

[Thomas Heller]
> Well, I would be much happier to build an installer with inno setup
> instead of Martin's msi code, which I don't understand ;-(.

So the choice is Martin's MSI code you don't understand, or your Inno
RemObjects Object Pascal code Martin doesn't understand <wink>?

> Are there really technical reasons the VC7.1 built Python binaries must
> be distributed via msi technology or not?

The most frequently requested thing MSI provides is the ability for admins
to use MS Group Policy to push installs out to boxes on a network.  This
hasn't been requested often ("most frequently" is a relative measure ...).