[Python-Dev] Hotshot

Mark Russell marktrussell at btopenworld.com
Mon Jan 26 12:15:38 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 16:55, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> It's not a pronouncement -- it's just a recommendation.  I see no need
> to start converting existing code to optparse -- but for all new code,
> I recommend it.

Maybe the documentation should point people in the direction of optparse
(e.g. by moving the optparse section ahead of getopt and putting a note
like:

	This module exists primarily for backwards compatibility - the
        optparse module is recommended for all new code.

at the top of the getopt section).

Mark