[Python-Dev] Python in 2003 summary

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Sat Jan 17 12:29:37 EST 2004

"A.M. Kuchling" <amk at amk.ca> writes:

> [Cc'ed to python-dev, marketing-python; trim followups accordingly]
>
> Here's a first draft of a summary of significant Pythonological matters in
> 2003.
>
>        * What significant things did I miss?

If you're going to pimp PyCon 2004, you could mention that both
EuroPython and PythonUK are set to happen again this year :-)

We might have a cool keynote speaker too, but it's probably too early
to go spamming that around.

>        * Are there additional pages I should link to?
>        * Can anyone help fill out the conferences section?
>          For example, are the papers for OSCON, PythonUK, or EuroPython
> 	 available online anywhere?  Does anyone have pages with
> 	 photos/conference reports/anything?

Well, googling for "EuroPython 2003" gets a few reports, including
mine:

    http://starship.python.net/crew/mwh/europython2003.html

but perhaps it would be better to link to the talk matrix:

    http://www.europython.org/sessions/talks/matrix

(which has links to the slides) and the photo album:

    http://www.europython.org/other/photos/

And I notice that

    http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/EuroPython_2f2003

actually links to most of the above...

Cheers,
mwh

--
  Strangely enough  I saw just such a beast at  the grocery store
  last night. Starbucks sells Javachip. (It's ice cream, but that