[Python-Dev] re: The os module, unix and win32

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Thu Jan 8 23:02:02 EST 2004

Barry writes -

>win32all covers a huge number of API functions, more then would
>be sane to add to os. But would there be any mileage in added
>enough from win32all to allow problems like popen5 to be
>implemented?

I know I am wandering a bit off topic.

But tangentially on topic - is the possibility of getting enough of the
win32all API functions into the core distribution to give more Windows
standard functionality to disutils - start menu entries in particular.

I won't get wordy on why I think this would be a very good thing.  But if my
guess (which is all it is) that it would only require small bits of win32all
is correct, the return on investment would be, I believe, tremendous.

Art