[Python-Dev] Re: PEP 326 now online

David Eppstein eppstein at ics.uci.edu
Tue Jan 6 13:16:47 EST 2004

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Raymond Hettinger wrote:
> > > +1  It would occasionally be useful to have ready access to an object
> > > whose sole purpose is to compare higher or lower than everything else.

I would certainly use such objects.  I don't think "None" and "All" are
sufficiently explicit names for the objects, though -- the only context
in which None makes sense to me as a name for a minimal object is in
terms of set inclusion, but Set() != None and there is no universal set.

--
David Eppstein                      http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/