[Python-Dev] Re: Switching to VC.NET 2003

Trent Mick trentm at ActiveState.com
Mon Jan 5 14:05:33 EST 2004

[Paul Moore wrote]
> > msiexec.exe python2.4.0.msi DEFAULTPYTHON=1
>
> That sounds good enough - I know little about MSI, so when you say
> "public property" it doesn't mean much to me. But if it translates to
> "command line option with no GUI interface" then I have no problem at
> all with this - it's for advanced users only, so that's not a problem.

The install notes for ActivePython (which uses an MSI installer) show
some of the things you can do with an MSI installer. The discussion for
the ActivePython installer might shed some light, if you care:

    http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/docs/ActivePython/2.3/UserGuide/install.html#install_dos

Cheers,
Trent

--