[Python-Dev] RE: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Modules posixmodule.c, 2.300.8.10, 2.300.8.11

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 09:11:48 CET 2004

[Raymond, says test_glob and test_urllib fail on WinME now]

[Andrew MacIntyre]
>> I don't see any possible way for those checkins to affect any platform
>> other than OS/2.
>>
>> 2 of the files are platform specific files (PC/os2emx/getpath.c,
>> PC/os2vacpp/getpath.c), and the checkin to Modules/posixmodule.c is
>> contained within a platform specific #if/#endif:

[Brett]
> Perhaps, but if you look at line 3299 you will notice that a comment is started
> but not closed off before the next comment on line 3304.  How is that comment
> supposed to be closed off?

That's obviously a bug, and was introduced by the patch.  Andrew wanted

	/* setup the pipe */

not

	/* setup the pipe

But we don't get there unless PYOS_OS2 and PYCC_VACPP are defined, so
that can't explain Raymond's problem.

FWIW, the  tests at issue pass on WinXP for me today w/ current CVS.