[Python-Dev] re: 2.4 news reaches interesting places

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Sat Dec 18 00:10:35 CET 2004

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, Raymond Hettinger wrote:

> > So how about a slogan like "Code it Fast, with Python", or "Python:
> Code
> > Fast" -- one which emphasizes the (easily defended) claim that
> development
> > time is shorter with Python, but which at the same time manages to
> > associate the word "fast" with "Python".
>
> I always liked:  "Python, the language that wraps tightly around a
> problem and swallows it whole."

The only problem here is the association with the reptilian python, which
is not perceived as being rapid - though it is highly effective as you
describe.  Whereas cobras...

I somewhat suspect a subliminal association linking the reptile and the
language, colouring perceptions without factual basis... :-(