[Python-Dev] Re: Re: 2.4 news reaches interesting places

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Tue Dec 14 15:31:01 CET 2004

On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 03:32:03PM -0200, Carlos Ribeiro wrote:
> Of course, the point here is not Perl-bashing. The point here is that
> we should be able to "sell" Python better than we do now, even without
> the need to resort to such poor measures. I'm sure the Python
> community does have good & creative people that can write a good
> "selling" FAQ for Python, emphasizing the main points of the language.

No one disagrees that Python needs better marketing material.  At the
last PyCon a group of people sat down in a pydotorg BoF and agreed
that yes, we do need a management-friendly marketing site, and that we
could put it on a separate hostname (something.python.org) so that the
current www.python.org wouldn't have to be changed.

However, no one has actually sat down and written such a site, or even
outlined it.  Let me encourage you to go ahead and do that.  You could
draft the outline on a Wiki page, and then later figure out an
attractive design and organization for a new site.

--amk