[Python-Dev] The other Py2.4 issue

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sat Dec 11 17:55:16 CET 2004

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 01:19:10PM -0500, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> >>http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2004-January/041676.html
> >
> >Shouldn't this be distributed with binary distributions of Python, to save
> >people the trouble?
>
> The Python developers who produce the Windows binaries don't use
> mingw/cygwin, so this would put a maintenance burden on them.

This thread started as "how to convince people to build their extension
modules quickly for Python 2.4".  I was just suggesting that taking a bit of
that burden away from us non-Windows-users would be helpful :-)

> >Or, if it can be skipped, the procedure for doing a mingw build with the
> >.lib should be documented and that'd be the end of it.
>
> It's actually documented now, in the "Installing Python Modules" manual.

Oh right...  Well, I didn't notice because, oddly, there is another set of
pages on the same subject (but with different details and up-to-date-ness)
in "Extending and Embedding the Python Interpreter".

I guess that one of them should be removed and point to the other...

A bientot,

Armin.