[Python-Dev] Supporting Third Party Modules (was The other Py2.4 issue)

Chui G. Tey chui.tey at advdata.com.au
Fri Dec 10 12:53:16 CET 2004

>Raymond:
>
>Acceptance for Py2.4 partially hinges on how quickly third party apps
>have their binaries updated.
>
>I wonder if there is anything we can do to help.

One good way of helping out is to provide an dynamic loading function
that third party modules could access the basic python functions such as
PyArgParseTuple, PyString_AsString etc regardless of which python the
user is running. This would be similar to the COM approach. You can load
all the function pointers into a struct and then call them.

Third party modules would link against this DLL independent of which
python is being used.

Chui