[Python-Dev] 2.4 news reaches interesting places

Neil Schemenauer nas at arctrix.com
Thu Dec 9 00:29:09 CET 2004

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 02:18:48PM -0800, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> This is a PR issue that Python needs to fight -- any ideas?

I'm not good at PR so I will continue to try to make it faster.  In
my copious free time I plan to:

    * finish the AST compiler (no performance benefit but makes
      other things easier)

    * optimize module namespaces as per the PEPs (whose numbers I
      cannot recall)

    * optimize function/method invocation (we must be able to do
      something better here, they are currently very expensive).
      Fredrik has mentioned "call-site caching".

    * write a new, register based VM