[Python-Dev] 2.4 news reaches interesting places

Stelios Xanthakis sxanth at ceid.upatras.gr
Thu Dec 9 00:25:20 CET 2004

> The only thing that will fix the PR issue is to have a Python compiler
> distributed as part of the language.  It doesn't matter if it doesn't
> support the full generality of Python, or even if it doesn't speed many
> operations up much.  The only real requirements are that it can be used
> to produce "native" executables

I don't hink it's a matter of native executables.
Hopefully all the real algorithms are already in native
executables as builtins (dictionary lookup, etc).

And generally, one can wrap all the tough code in C
and take advantage of the flexibility of python at a
higher level.  pygame is the best example of this!
Basic stuff from complexity theory: the real complex
parts are few and isolated in C.  For the other we can
take advantage of a higher level dynamic language.

Stelios