[Python-Dev] TRUNK UNFROZEN; release24-maint branch has been cut

Brett C. bac at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Dec 1 22:42:02 CET 2004

Anthony Baxter wrote:
> I've cut the release24-maint branch, and updated the Include/patchlevel.h
> on trunk and branch (trunk is now 2.5a0, branch is 2.4+)
>
> The trunk and the branch are now both unfrozen and suitable for checkins.
> The feature freeze on the trunk is lifted. Remember - if you're checking
> bugfixes into the trunk, either backport them to the branch, or else mark
> the commit message with 'bugfix candidate' or 'backport candidate' or the
> like.
>
> Next up will be a 2.3.5 release. I'm going to be travelling for a large chunk
> of December (at very short notice) so it's likely that this will happen at the
> start of January.

OK, I will send out an email to python-list and python-announce mentioning this
to the community and that if they have fixes they need to go into 2.3.5 they
need to get it in ASAP so there is enough time to consider them (with no
guarantee they will get in) at the end of the week if no one objects.

-Brett