[Python-Dev] Re: Small subprocess patch

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Wed Dec 1 14:32:07 CET 2004

On Wednesday 01 December 2004 09:00, Peter Astrand wrote:
> I'm also wondering if patch 1071755 and 1071764 should go into
> release24-maint:
>
> * 1071755 makes subprocess raise TypeError if Popen is called with a
> bufsize that is not an integer.

Since this isn't changing anything that's user facing (just making the
error handling more explicit) this is suitable for the maint branch.

> * 1071764 adds a new, small utility function.

Please read PEP 6. Maintenance branches are not the place for new
features. For an example why, consult almost any code that requires
Python 2.2 or later. Chances are you'll find, all over the place, code
like:

try:
    True, False
except NameError: