[Python-Dev] Is something wrong with SF patch notifications?

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 06:24:06 CEST 2004

[Raymond Hettinger]
> I don't think Barry got notes showing that I reviewed his patch.
>
> so, I didn't get a note when Walter assigned a unittest patch to me.
>
> That may also explain why I had a hard time soliciting a reviewer for
> the peepholer patch.

I got SF email about all these things -- but I'm subscribed to the
patches list, and it doesn't look like you are.

> IIRC, we always used to get notes whenever we were assigned a
> patch or had participated in the patch discussions.

Never the latter.  It should generate email to the submitter, and to
the person currently assigned (if any).  But since I'm subscribed to
the patches list, I see all changes to all items regardless, and
wouldn't know whether the to-submitter and to-assignee gimmicks
stopped working.  I'm pretty sure that at least the to-submitter part
is working, since I've gotten quick replies from infrequent submitters
after adding a comment to their report.