[Python-Dev] Python icons

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Aug 24 07:57:45 CEST 2004

Kevin Gadd wrote:
> I was bored the other day so I played around with an image editor and
> redid most of the windows python icons.

Here is my man! (sorry if this is not the proper English phrase)

I have finally moved the Windows installer generator into the Python
source tree proper (Tools/msi). In the process, I had to delete two
icons taken from Microsoft sample code, for licensing issues, and
had to replace them with plain text, because I have virtually no
graphic skills.

They are both 16x16 icons, one indicating "go up one directory",
and the other "create a new folder". The original Microsoft bitmaps
are at

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/python/python/nondist/sandbox/msi/Attic/Up.bin?rev=1.1.1.1

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/python/python/nondist/sandbox/msi/Attic/New.bin?rev=1.1.1.1

Can you help creating a pair of such icons which are similar
in appearance but not quite the same?

Regards,
Martin