[Python-Dev] Re: __metaclass__ and __author__ are already decorators

Paul Morrow pm_mon at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 21 23:34:16 CEST 2004

Phillip J. Eby wrote:

> At 05:15 PM 8/21/04 -0400, Paul Morrow wrote:
>
>> Christophe Cavalaria wrote:
>>
>>> can it be ? There's also the fact that it can't handle named parameters
>>> like a regular function call. You can't write that :
>>> def foo():
>>>     __decoration__ = (1,1,param=True)
>>

>> As far as I know, we can't do that with the current decorator
>> proposals either.
>

> @decoration(1,1,param=True)
> def foo(whatever):
>     pass

Ok, then whatever changes you've made to the Python system to support
that would allow the same syntax to be used in what I'm suggesting.

     def foo(whatever):
         __decoration__ = (1,1,param=True)

     def decoration(decoratedFunc, a, b, param=False):
         __decorator__ = True
         __version__ = '0.1'
         # body of 'decoration' decorator function goes here...