[Python-Dev] Update PEP 292

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri Aug 20 16:40:48 CEST 2004

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 17:12, Raymond Hettinger wrote:
>>
>> After more thought, I would like to voice a strong -1 on the packaging
>> of string.
>
> Since few people have commented either way, and taking myself out of the
> picture, it comes down to a battle royale between you and Brett. :)

I'm +1 on a package.  I'm a strong +0 on naming the package ``string``.

However, the reason I didn't speak up earlier was because I thought
Raymond had a good technical point about his failure in getting your
package to work, and I can't in good conscience support the package
until that's resolved.

"To me vi is Zen.  To use vi is to practice zen.  Every command is a
koan.  Profound to the user, unintelligible to the uninitiated.  You
discover truth everytime you use it."  --reddy at lion.austin.ibm.com