[Python-Dev] Threading in the Standard Library Tour Part II

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 05:52:46 CEST 2004

[Guido]
> (In addition, I find that the GIL often causes people to worry
> unnecessarily about the GIL.  Sort of like worrying about relativistic
> effects when driving a car.)

LOL!  OTOH, well-endowed gentlemen have always driven as fast as
possible, in order to avoid frightening their admiring lady onlookers.
 To be effective, I have to scrunch over rather uncomfortably, though,
since Lorentz contraction only occurs along the direction of observed
motion.

done-right-it-only-takes-0.97c-to-give-the-appearance-of-6-inches-ly
    y'rs  - tim