[Python-Dev] multiple instances of python on XP

Brett C. bac at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Aug 18 00:29:25 CEST 2004

Paul Gimpelj wrote:

> I have searched all the documentation online and google.
>
> I thought that developers would interested in public input.

We do care about public input, but not on possible bugs delivered this
way.  It is easier for everyone if bugs are reported through the
SourceForge bug  tracker at http://www.sf.net/projects/python .

> and I got email back that everybody is on vacation till sept 6.

Don't know who that is from but is most likely a single person who
forgot to turn off their mailing list subscriptions.

> Since it is open source,
>
> I would think that this an import issue since a python advocate  would want
> python's user base to increase.

I am going to assume you meant "important" instead of "import".

Yes, we would like to see usage grow, but we just don't have time to try
to personally fix every bug through python-dev.  That is why we have the
SF bug tracker.

> And if python , by design, is incapable of coexisting with all the other
> user programs and itself,
> what use is it?

Python can coexist, just don't expect it to come out in a hemp-based
tie-die shirt holding a bunch of posies.  =)  I would wait and see if
python-help can turn up some leads.  If not you can try comp.lang.python
since I suspect this is just a configuration error.

-Brett