[Python-Dev] Re: adding a bytes sequence type to Python

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Aug 17 15:26:31 CEST 2004

    Michael> Is this getting to (hopefully uncontroverisal!) PEP time?

One would hope.  I sent in a skeletal PEP last week asking for a number but
haven't heard back.

    Michael> Is there any consensus forming on whether bytes() instances are
    Michael> mutable or not?

ISTR Guido thought mutable was the way to go.  I don't think that efficiency
concerns will be a huge deal since it won't be used all over the place the
way strings are.  Will they need to be used as dict keys?  Doesn't seem
likely to me.

Skip