[Python-Dev] Decorator syntax J2 (decorate..def), with implementation

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 17 01:15:48 CEST 2004

Robert Brewer wrote:

> Michael Sparks wrote:
>
>>As for whether it's the right keyword or not, I'm not sure
>>I'm qualified to
>>say, but decorators seem much more like declarations of
>>function properties
>>in all the use cases I've seen.
>
> The proposal, in effect, creates a declarative suite as opposed to the
> more traditional imperative suite. Perhaps "declare:" would be more
> appropriate (but give your brain a week to mull it over ;).

I'm still a fan of 'predef:' if a keyword is going to be involved. The
only thing I've seen so far that is common to all decorators is that
they are predefining things about a 'def' we haven't encountered yet :)

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan               |  Eugene, Oregon
Email: ncoghlan at email.com  |             USA