[Python-Dev] test_tempfile failure on Mac OSX

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Tue Aug 17 00:09:25 CEST 2004

On Aug 16, 2004, at 5:55 PM, Skip Montanaro wrote:

>     Bob> Even better (and I think this is what he was actually asking
> for):
>
>     Bob> % python -c 'import distutils.sysconfig; print
>     Bob> distutils.sysconfig.get_config_var("CONFIG_ARGS")'
>
> Thanks.  Not as easy to remember as "grep configure config.status", but
> useful nonetheless.

Yeah, but I don't have a hard time remembering that the Makefile (that
gets distributed w/ Python) knows everything, and that distutils knows
how to read the Makefile.  It's hard to remember the names of the make
variables and the distutils incantation, but neither are hard to look
up (if you've been through it a couple times anyway).

I prefer not to depend on your solution because it's only useful if you
compiled Python and still have access to that build tree (and remember
which one it was).  The first CONFIG_ARGS I spit out was the one used
to build Python 2.3.0 on Mac OS X 10.3, and I certainly didn't do that
here :)

-bob