[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Modules readline.c, 2.72, 2.73

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon Aug 16 18:00:22 CEST 2004

    Michael> A few small quibbles...
    >> + PyErr_SetString(PyExc_ValueError, buf);

    Michael> What's wrong with PyErr_Format()?

Probably nothing.  Michal's original patch was against 2.2.something.  I
don't know if that makes a difference or not.  I'll fix it.

    >> + PyDoc_STRVAR(doc_remove_history,
    >> + "remove_history(pos) -> None\n\
    Michael> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This isn't the name in the PyMethodDef at the
    Michael> end...

That too.  Michal had originally called them remove_history and
replace_history.  I added "_item" to the end of each so they were
structurally more like the preexisting get_history_item, then conveniently
missed the doc strings.

Skip