[Python-Dev] def ... decorate

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Sat Aug 14 00:27:37 CEST 2004

On Aug 13, 2004, at 6:12 PM, Josiah Carlson wrote:

> Personally, I don't desire decorators for classes for symmetry reasons,
> I desire it to replace metaclasses, at least in those things that I
> could conceivably want metaclasses to do.

In some cases, what you actually want ARE metaclasses.  I wouldn't say
get rid of them, because I use them in cases where what I actually want
ARE metaclasses, but I do concede that many of the (ab)uses of
metaclasses could be replaced by decorators (assuming that the
decorator syntax applied to classes as well).

-bob