[Python-Dev] Re: Prothon on CPython intrepreter? [PROTHON]

Mark Hahn mark at prothon.org
Thu Aug 12 23:20:26 CEST 2004

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:56:05 -0700, Mark Hahn wrote:

> This CPython->.Net->CProthon roadmap will get Prothon out quickly and slowly
> ease my wild ideas for the interpreter into Prothon.  It will also make
> CPython a multiple language VM for the first time.

I've gotten a cold reception to this idea of implementing Prothon on the
CPython interpreter.  Not only did Christian Tismer (and he should know)
and others warn me of the technnical challenge I was signing up for, but
there wasn't exactly a groundswell of enthusiasm for the idea overall.

So forget I bothered you about this crazy idea.  I'll be sticking with my
public announcement about the first implementation of Prothon being on .Net
and Mono.  The native CProthon interpreter will be next in line in 2005.

I will of course always be interested in any and all ideas for alternatives
to .Net for getting libraries for Prothon.  Besides CPython, I have
considered Parrot, Mozilla, PyPy, and Java and ruled them out for
alternatives to .Net for the first implementation.