[Python-Dev] Re: Decorators: vertical bar syntax

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Mon Aug 9 22:14:42 CEST 2004

> I realize what your current position on this topic is, but I'd like
> to encourage you to at least reconsider it for a moment.

Please remember the procedure.  The community is to come up with *one*
alternative that they universally prefer over @decorators; otherwise,
@decorators-before-def will stay.  (I'll even give you *two* if the
community can agree that both are acceptable and really wishes to let
me pick one.)

Plenty of people agree with me on this particular issue (decorators
inside or outside the def); you have to convince them first before
pleading with me.

I don't want to have to argue every single detail.  As it stands now,
it looks like the community is having a hard time agreeing on
anything, which suggests that I might as well stick with
@decorators-before-def.

I try to limit my posts to (a) procedural adjustments; (b)
clarifications of my previously stated position; (c) clarifications of
other factual misunderstandings; (d) pointing out issues that nobody
else has brought up yet.  I try not to be pulled into the debate; I
simply can't afford the time.