[Python-Dev] Decimal type question [Prothon]

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon Aug 9 05:51:38 CEST 2004

On Sat, Aug 07, 2004, Mark Hahn wrote:

> Can anyone see any problem with this scheme?

Yes: it doesn't follow the decimal floating point standard.  Read PEP327
for an exhaustive discussion of the subject WRT Python (which is nowhere
near as exhausting as reading the discussion in the python-dev archives).

Side note: I haven't bothered checking recently, but since you were
complaining about the quality of technical responses on c.l.py, I've
been mostly ignoring you because of your habit of top-posting.

"To me vi is Zen.  To use vi is to practice zen.  Every command is a
koan.  Profound to the user, unintelligible to the uninitiated.  You
discover truth everytime you use it."  --reddy at lion.austin.ibm.com