[Python-Dev] Re: Re: Call for defense of @decorators

Andrew Durdin adurdin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 14:06:36 CEST 2004

I don't like the pipe at all, for two reasons:

One: as has already been mentioned, in many fonts it is easily
confused with lowercase L: l |

Two, and more importantly: the pipe is in the shifted position of the
backslash key, which on different keyboards is in different locations,
many of them awkward to reach while typing at speed. This problem is
particularly severe on laptop keyboards.

@ at least is consistently on the 2 key (except, of course, for all
those European keyboards. I guess their differences are enough to
knock down any argument about typing convenience :-)

Andrew Durdin