[Python-Dev] Call for defense of @decorators

Michael Chermside mcherm at mcherm.com
Fri Aug 6 13:04:18 CEST 2004

Gustavo Niemeyer writes:
> Is there something to be done that could change the current
> decision? Voting? Collecting pros/cons and classifying them?

Yes, there is. And it's not voting <wink>.

Write a simple "white paper" summarizing the major arguments
and showing how they apply to the 3 or 4 top syntax proposals.
Solicit input from c.l.py or python-dev after you have a first
draft. After the 3rd draft is done, post it here and send it
to Guido. Then sit back and quietly put up with the resulting
decision whether you agree or not.

At this point, I long ago said most everything I had to say
and so I'm working on the "quietly put up with the results"
part myself.

-- Michael Chermside