[Python-Dev] @decorators, the PEP and the "options" out there?

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Aug 5 21:45:35 CEST 2004

At 12:24 PM 8/5/04 -0700, IxokaI wrote:

>I added "with", although I havn't seen it.

Guido's reserving "with" for this purpose in some future Python:

     with x.y:
         .z = spam    # set x.y.z = spam
         print .q.r   # print x.y.q.r

I updated the Wiki page, and added another syntax, the original "def
function() [decorator]:" syntax.  Interestingly, it looks like one of the
options with the most pluses and fewest minuses of any syntax you've listed
on that page; it's only ugly for long decorator definitions, and Guido said
he didn't care if a syntax was ugly.  :)