[Python-Dev] Call for defense of @decorators

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Aug 5 20:38:52 CEST 2004

    >> With regard to the PEP, I thought there were two volunteers who
    >> mentioned an intent to work on it in the past week; if they are not
    >> still doing so, I'd be happy to at least add the issues with "def
    >> decorator functionname()" that I remember (visual confusion for
    >> decorators w/arguments, tool confusion for existing tools).

    Guido> Please do (or coordinate with Skip who seems to have attracted
    Guido> this volunteer position).

I volunteered simply because my name is currently on the PEP as one of its
authors.  One of the loudest cries on c.l.py came from someone (Edward Ream
I think) complaining that the PEP as it currently stands doesn't really
describe the changes that were just checked in.  I can't really fault him
for it.  Had I (or associated with the PEP in the past) been alerted, I
think that particular complaint could have been avoided.

I do have Anthony's latest updates and will try to factor them into the PEP
this evening.  If others have editing suggestions, getting them to me
earlier is better than later.

Skip