[Python-Dev] New-style exceptions

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Aug 5 20:30:27 CEST 2004

Tim Peters <tim.peters at gmail.com> writes:

> [Michael Hudson]
>> Sorry, was too obscure.  One of the doctests pickles a couple
>> instances of PicklingError and disassembles the pickle.  That's not
>> going to stay the same past an old-style/new-style transition.
>
> That's no problem.  The real point of that part of the test is to
> exercise the different pickle protocols on an instance of a "foreign"
> (not defined in the same module) class.  Any foreign class would do as
> well  Creating an instance of pickle.PicklingError was just
> convenient; there was no intent to pick on an exception class.  IOW,
> if this goes forward, it's no problem to change the test.

Uhh, sure.  It was just to tell people what to expect if they were so
foolish as to download the patch and try it :-)

I probably didn't choose my words very well.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  This is the fixed point problem again; since all some implementors
  do is implement the compiler and libraries for compiler writing, the