[Python-Dev] Call for defense of @decorators

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Aug 5 18:52:28 CEST 2004

At 09:36 AM 8/5/04 -0700, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>I also want to find out about
>superior syntax proposals (from __future__ import decorators might be
>acceptable).

Does this mean that the C#-style syntax has a chance if it's got a
__future__?  :)

Also, you might want to define "superior" in order to avoid re-opening the
floodgates of syntax argument.

With regard to the PEP, I thought there were two volunteers who mentioned
an intent to work on it in the past week; if they are not still doing so,
I'd be happy to at least add the issues with "def decorator functionname()"
that I remember (visual confusion for decorators w/arguments, tool
confusion for existing tools).