[Python-Dev] Plea for simpler decorator syntax, in addition to pie-shaped syntax

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Aug 4 19:26:27 CEST 2004

    Fred> This was rejected a long time ago because it complicated life for
    Fred> editor colorizing support

    Bill> Much as I love python-mode, it hardly seems a good reason to add a
    Bill> whole new syntactic branch to Python, ..

Though X/Emacs is popular within the Unix community, it's hardly the only
editor that attempts to colorize Python code:

    http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/PythonEditors

In fact, given the increased use of Python on Windows these days I'm
skeptical it's the most widely used editor for Python code.

(Not breaking etags/ctags is also a nice-to-have.)

Skip