[Python-Dev] Re: 2.4a2, and @decorators

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 04:14:04 CEST 2004

[Andrew McNamara]
> It's also entirely possible that "most people" were happy with the way
> things were going and chose not to post...

I was indeed "happy enough".

> My personal opinion is that the pie syntax is acceptable,

Ditto.  It does simple things quite well, and it makes it obvious
they're being done.  Then again, I like "print >> fileobj" too <0.7
wink>.

> and the continuing debate is doing harm

We're in no danger of running out of pixels.

> and providing no enlightenment.

That's for sure.  In the old days, Guido would Pronounce, and we'd all
bite our tongues (although not necessarily each his own).  The less
time Guido can make for Python, the more important becomes graceful
capitulation.