[Python-Dev] Re: PEP 324 (process module)

David Ascher DavidA at ActiveState.com
Tue Aug 3 19:27:56 CEST 2004

Peter Astrand wrote:

>>I believe ActiveState's Trent Mick has released something along these
>>lines.  Does your proposed API match theirs?

[...]

> So, the chances of getting our modules API-compatible are very small.

I really don't want to get into a religious war about the relative
benefits of the two modules (I don't know Peter's well enough to
comment), but I think it would be nice for users if there weren't two
modules with the same goal, different interfaces and the same _name_.  I
understand from Trent that Twisted has started to use his process.py, so
having another process.py in the stdlib at some point would cause at
least some users pain.

--david