[Python-Dev] Re: PEP 324 (process module)

Michael Chermside mcherm at mcherm.com
Tue Aug 3 19:07:45 CEST 2004

Guido writes:
> I believe ActiveState's Trent Mick has released something
> along these lines.  Does your proposed API match theirs?

Peter replies:
   [...]
> So, the chances of getting our modules API-compatible are very small.

I'll note that my impression is that Peter's module is not aiming to
be particularly innovative in terms of implementation, it's primary
"feature" is having a decent API. And my impression is that it has
been well received on c.l.py (for instance, I often see it recommended
process and tried to incorporate it.

Last time I tried it there were still a few windows issues (docs say
these have been resolved), but I thought the API was well-designed.
And popen2 isn't.

-- Michael Chermside