[Python-Dev] Re: 2.4a2, and @decorators

Fernando Perez fperez528 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 3 08:15:16 CEST 2004

Jp Calderone wrote:

>      Here's a brief test for a syntax-change-less implementation of this
> feature, not as complete as test_decorators, but a good start, I believe:

[...]

> from 2.4a2.  I hope that something along the lines of the above will be
> considered, instead, for the next alpha, unless there is widespread
> community support for '@decorator', as opposed to the ridiculously faint
> support ("it's better than nothing") currently behind it.

FWIW, I'd be very much +1 on something like this, which feels much more
'pythonic' and elegant to me than the @ syntax.  I know I'm biased because the
@ syntax will force me to change ipython and it will break current ipython for
anyone wanting to use 2.4, but I'm honestly trying to assess it beyond ipython.
And I still don't like it, while JP's solution seems nice and clean to me.

Cheers,