[Python-Dev] 2.4a2, and @decorators

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Aug 3 08:00:57 CEST 2004

Raymond Hettinger wrote:
> I'm still with 6.0.  Had to hack a couple lines of pyport.h and
> socketmodule.c which worked fine until yesterday.
>
> Too bad about 6.0.  I had thought the plan was to support both 6.0 and
> 7.1.  I'm not sure what we gained by dropping 6.0 right at the end :-(

Someone please read the comment in PC/pyconfig.h:

/* Atleast VC 7.1 has them. If some compiler does not provide them,
    #ifdef appropriately .*/
#define HAVE_UINTPTR_T 1
#define HAVE_INTPTR_T 1

I did not bother checking whether VC6 has uintptr_t - that does not
mean that somebody else couldn't.

Hacking a couple of lines is probably the wrong approach. Properly
maintaining the VC6 port (i.e. sharing the well-designed changes
to a couple of lines) would be a good idea.

Regards,
Martin